Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipadios7bitten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Hello everyone. I need some serious surgical help here. I have an iPad 4 (Retina Display) and I updated the same with iOS 7. The device has gone completely insane. I have restored it countless times over the past week. By now I even know that I do not even need to restore it when iTunes tell me to do so. I literally have to leave the device be for some hours then when I boot it up again, it just starts working. Then within minutes it freezes or restarts or just shuts itself down. The maximum working time that I got with it was approximately 2 hours a couple of days back. When it is working, it works perfectly fine. But it just simply doesn't work for more than a few minutes. I have even seen the Blue screen of death on the device!!! Proof is right here: http://ahmedshuja.com/post/62255252465/did-microsoft-develop-ios7-i-never-thought-i

I have NO idea what to do as Apple doesn't allow for a roll-back of the OS either. Have been waiting for iPad iOS 7.0.1 since a week, but that hasn't happened either. What should I do?? Any help/ advice/ suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

ipadios7bitten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Error on boot screen

Thanks for the help guys, only problem is that there is no Apple store/ support in the country I am in at the moment. Check out the attachment. This is what the iPad showed me on bootup today. Any clues?

Attachments

• IMG_00000306.jpg
    IMG_00000306.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 211

ipadios7bitten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
DFU Restore

Yup! Tried that... several times by now. But it is completely unstable. Works for a few minutes then crashes (restarts multiple times), and if I connect it to my Mac, iTunes always wants to restore.

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
Since iOS 7 the device is TOTALLY unstable!

Yes this - next best thing is where did you buy your iPad from and any chance if you can get it back there?

Yea, I would do that if there's really no other choice, but he did say "currently in Pakistan" are you a native, TC or you travel for work? I'm just assuming or something here.

nobackup

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2008
Guys guess what there are countries out there with 0% support. They may sell you an ipad but only repair it via shipping if you bought it there ... Currently having same issue in Burma ... Global warranty ... What's that. They will send it to Singapor for me but I need to pay for the shipping and repair ... As the warranty and apple care don't apply where apple has no official repair partner and authorized retailer sir the gray market don't have to respect these ... Only if at all what they sold .....:(:eek:

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
Guys guess what there are countries out there with 0% support. They may sell you an ipad but only repair it via shipping if you bought it there ... Currently having same issue in Burma ... Global warranty ... What's that. They will send it to Singapor for me but I need to pay for the shipping and repair ... As the warranty and apple care don't apply where apple has no official repair partner and authorized retailer sir the gray market don't have to respect these ... Only if at all what they sold .....:(:eek:

Singapore! My resident. Sorry to hear that, while I'm aware of limited support in some countries but this is the first I've heard of 0 support. I guess the only way is to ship your device out for repair.

ipadios7bitten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Bummer!

You guys are great! Thanks for pointing me in the direction. I guess I will wait till I get out of Pakistan to get this one sorted. I've never had a single issue with ANY of my Apple computers and devices in more than a decade so went ahead and bought this iPad from Pakistan, where there is actually '0' support available, thinking that this will just keep working for me.

I won't be surprised if the seller here gave me a faulty device to begin with. :confused: From what I've been hearing... TRUST is the last thing you should do!

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
You guys are great! Thanks for pointing me in the direction. I guess I will wait till I get out of Pakistan to get this one sorted. I've never had a single issue with ANY of my Apple computers and devices in more than a decade so went ahead and bought this iPad from Pakistan, where there is actually '0' support available, thinking that this will just keep working for me.

I won't be surprised if the seller here gave me a faulty device to begin with. :confused: From what I've been hearing... TRUST is the last thing you should do!

Surely posting your problem on one of Apple's discussion forums, or trying phone support, or sending Apple support an e-mail, would be a good start to getting the problem resolved?

ipadios7bitten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Surely posting your problem on one of Apple's discussion forums, or trying phone support, or sending Apple support an e-mail, would be a good start to getting the problem resolved?

This website/ community is so much better than Apple support / discussion forums. I haven't received even one half hearted reply over there to this problem. People view it there, but no one seems to be interested in helping. Apple email support has not gotten back to me either.

I do intend to give them a call in a bit, let's see what they have to say over the phone. I have a bit of an intuition that I will end up taking it to an Apple store in Dubai or Singapore soon.

The most ironic bit is that I bought the device just to try out iOS 7 :eek: Thankfully didn't install iOS7 on my primary use iPad :cool:

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
This website/ community is so much better than Apple support / discussion forums. I haven't received even one half hearted reply over there to this problem. People view it there, but no one seems to be interested in helping. Apple email support has not gotten back to me either.

I do intend to give them a call in a bit, let's see what they have to say over the phone. I have a bit of an intuition that I will end up taking it to an Apple store in Dubai or Singapore soon.

The most ironic bit is that I bought the device just to try out iOS 7 :eek: Thankfully didn't install iOS7 on my primary use iPad :cool:

In Dubai, they have ABM CARE who are the authorized resellers of all APPLE products. I don't know their number, but they are easy to google.

These guys are really good, and will either sort the iPad or give you an option of replacement - as long no one has tried to open the iPad.

Good luck and hope you solve your problem.

nobackup

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2008

Apple support only works if apple has actually done something in the country you are in ...

Many countries only have authorized retailers .... But no support infrastructure ... Even in dubs I they fob you off stating that if you did not buy it there that there is no support. Incorrect apple warrants world wide all products which use a battery as primary power source .... Phone , ipad, MacBook, iPod..... Which is incorrect but then again ABM are just resellers .... Not actually apple .. So you can as i did when I lived in Dubai complain to apple and nothing happens ... They even stated that the parts are different on a European sourced ipad to one available in the mall there. Go figure:cool: hence they could only repair it Screen) after importing a screen from Germany ... This was an ipad 2 wifi ony .....:eek:

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
Since iOS 7 the device is TOTALLY unstable!

So you're not a resident of Pakistan? Or you travel for work? Well, whatever it is, good luck! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.