Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shieldcy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Hello,

Since the new OS, everytime I try to update my apps the Appstore is asking me for credentials.
I was waiting patiently, maybe it will have been fixed with 13.1 or 13.2 etc. But the issue is still there and it is pretty annoying.

If I press the "update" button on each app separately then it works fine.
But if I press the "update all" button, this is where the problem occurs and I get a popup asking for my iCloud password to sign in (although I am already signed in).

I tried to sign out and sign in (through settings - itunes and app store), I also went on my profile and completely sign out and sign in. None of these fixed the issue.

Can anyone please let me know what I can do? Any suggestions?

Thank you

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hello,

Since the new OS, everytime I try to update my apps the Appstore is asking me for credentials.
I was waiting patiently, maybe it will have been fixed with 13.1 or 13.2 etc. But the issue is still there and it is pretty annoying.

If I press the "update" button on each app separately then it works fine.
But if I press the "update all" button, this is where the problem occurs and I get a popup asking for my iCloud password to sign in (although I am already signed in).

I tried to sign out and sign in (through settings - itunes and app store), I also went on my profile and completely sign out and sign in. None of these fixed the issue.

Can anyone please let me know what I can do? Any suggestions?

Thank you
I can update my apps without having to enter any credentials. It sounds like the problem is isolated.

Reactions: JayMysterio

shieldcy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Do you maybe know any way to fix that? I tried to search online with no luck.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
I would also verify these:

Settings/iTunes & App Store/Password Settings

Always Require = uncheck
Require Password (for free downloads) = turn off

Last edited:
Reactions: shieldcy

shieldcy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
It seems to be working fine now!
I set the “require password” to “Don’t require”.

Thank you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.