Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
I've been running the iOS 11 beta without major issues since its release until this morning, when the Music, Videos and iTunes Store apps immediately crash upon opening. I can double click the home button (iPhone 7) and see them to the side, but when I swipe to them they immediately crash again. I have a large music library and can't even listen to it currently.

I've tried restarting the phone by powering on and off and doing a hard reset, still nothing. I'm not sure why this started today, any possible solutions (aside from a wipe?) I'd downgrade back to iOS10 but my Watch is on oS4 as well.

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
That’s very odd. I’m not having such issue, those apps open just fine for me.

They were for me too from the beginning of the beta all of the way to this morning. I opened settings, scrolled down to music and clicked on it and settings also crashed. I really have no idea what's going on or what could be causing this.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Have you tried force close all apps, soft reset, sign out of iCloud, reboot, try checking those again and if all good then sign back into iCloud?

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
I ended up having to do a restore, because something got seriously corrupted somehow. I still have no idea how this happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.