Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KarstenS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2018
Hello,

I have updated my AppleTV 4K from TVOS 14 to TVOS 14.01.

Since this update, I can access my Home only when I am in the same local network as my AppleTV is.

When I'm outside the local network (cellular or other Networks with Internet access) I only get red attention marks and the "no answer" message.

I did try to solve it by rebooting the AppleTV, my iPhone and my router. But no success.

There wasn't any other change than this update.

Any other idea?

PS: I don't want to lose my setup and automation.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Do you by any chance have a HomePod as well? If you do and assuming it still running version 13.X, I would temporarily disable your Apple TV from being a home hub and let your HomePod take over then try it again, to rule out any other issues that is.

If you don’t have a HomePod then apart from restarting all of your equipment including your router I don’t know what else to suggest except raise it with Apple.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
have you gone into the homekit settings on the aTV?

I've think I've seen a couple instances where the update changed the setting and disabled the homehub

you should also be able to check this from your phone, click the home in the upper left, then home settings
in hubs and bridges you should see all of your hub listed, and they'll be marked connected, standby, or disabled.

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
I am at work on cellular, my iPhone and HomePod are all up to date and I have access in the Home app from my phone. That doesn’t answer why you are having issues but just to let you know it works.

KarstenS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2018
Next step I tried was completel removing the user and the iCloud connection and add it again -> no success.

The last step I tried was a factory reset of the entire device and do a fresh setup. Now it works again.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
Next step I tried was completel removing the user and the iCloud connection and add it again -> no success.

The last step I tried was a factory reset of the entire device and do a fresh setup. Now it works again.
I would suggest you try this the next time. This would be a very easy solution and fixed this issue when I had it through tvOS 14.

KarstenS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2018
I would suggest you try this the next time. This would be a very easy solution and fixed this issue when I had it through tvOS 14.

In between the very first attempt so resolve, I already did this. Multiple times. Did not help.

Also after removing the primary user I had to setup Homekit again for this device. But this was also not enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.