Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
I just saw this video on youtube on the Chip by one of my fav youtube presenters I love his videos :)I Only heard of the Chip recently.
it is amazing what they can do for something as cheap as Chips :DHave you got a Chip?so cheap at
nine Dollers ,
(stylized as C.H.I.P.) is a single-board computercrowdfunded by now-defunct Next Thing Co. (NTC), released as open-source hardware running open-source software
So what single board computer do you use apart from Raspberry PI that is.https://youtu.be/52kBZtiPHq4?t=47 watching this video I did not realize the Chip has been out some time. :oops:By the time you get all the extra stuff to make it work the price goes up a lot.It was advertised as "the world's first $9 computer". CHIP and related products are discontinued. NTC has since gone insolvent.

Last edited:

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
This one looks interesting, but it suffers from a lack of support :(I like the idea of an M,2 but the price racks up with all the extra stuff you have to get.

PeterJP

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2012
Leuven, Belgium
This one looks interesting: you can get an NVME SSD or 4x SATA adapter for it because it brings out the PCIe pins:
NanoPi M4V2. I worked quite a lot on the RPi (v2 back then) and the lack of serious storage support always bothered me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.