Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedZ242

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2013
Hello,

I’m looking for some help and or suggestions to an issue that has been happening with my MacBook Pro 13” running OSX Sierra.

The problem started a while back but had stopped for a while, but the issue has started again.

What happens is, the computers screen seems not to wake from sleep from time to time. Which forces me to a hard power down. However when booting back up, the screen flashes white and goes back off. Meanwhile the computer still boots. I’ve plugged it up to an external monitor/tv and eventually it gets to the login screen. However at that point I find that the keyboard isn’t functioning.

I’d reset the SMC and PRAM, and a few hard power downs and eventually the screen would come back to life. It’s really become a nuisance now because I never know when this may happen because it’s quite random.

I’ve also ran the Apple diagnostics, but it finds no hardware faults. Any insight is welcome to try and resolve this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.