Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MH421

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
while im using my airpods, siri makes an announcement of a message which is quite normal. Though since updating to iOS15 siri reminds me that i can reply and other suggestions that siri can do... Siri mentions "btw i can also reply to the message, you can do that by by just saying reply" at first i thought it was just because ive updated but siri is doing nearly every time. i don't need to be reminded of a feature that i have been using in old versions. Has anyone else got the same issue or is there a way of stopping siri from suggesting what i can do and just tell me the announce the notification like siri use to do.

thanks.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
while im using my airpods, siri makes an announcement of a message which is quite normal. Though since updating to iOS15 siri reminds me that i can reply and other suggestions that siri can do... Siri mentions "btw i can also reply to the message, you can do that by by just saying reply" at first i thought it was just because ive updated but siri is doing nearly every time. i don't need to be reminded of a feature that i have been using in old versions. Has anyone else got the same issue or is there a way of stopping siri from suggesting what i can do and just tell me the announce the notification like siri use to do.

thanks.
Are you getting reminded of this for 'new' notifications from new apps?
I got one for IG last week, repeated twice since i did NOT engage in a reply. When I did my phone was locked and Siri stated she couldn't do it - cannot recall if it was due to iPhone being locked or some other reason.

Never got the repeat since. Maybe try to reply from the Siri prompt and when Siri asks to confirm, cancel. see thereafter for the same notification from the same notification source if Siri repeats the reminder?

MH421

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
Are you getting reminded of this for 'new' notifications from new apps?
I got one for IG last week, repeated twice since i did NOT engage in a reply. When I did my phone was locked and Siri stated she couldn't do it - cannot recall if it was due to iPhone being locked or some other reason.

Never got the repeat since. Maybe try to reply from the Siri prompt and when Siri asks to confirm, cancel. see thereafter for the same notification from the same notification source if Siri repeats the reminder?
Its just from a text message or imessage, every so many messages in a message chain, after siri has read the message to me siri will just say something along the lines of "btw, i can reply to messages by saying reply, and i can do other stuff by saying hey siri" its just annoying when i have been using the feature way before iOS15 and now siri is reminding me that i use these features.

It's annoyed me that i have just turned off siri announcements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.