Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
good question, I don't think so but fyi the sdk is very restriced to only six types that can use siri, so no spotify, no google maps etc etc.

Creek0512

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2012
good question, I don't think so but fyi the sdk is very restriced to only six types that can use siri, so no spotify, no google maps etc etc.
Not what was asked.

I don't think so. You can turn off which apps show up in search results, not sure if that also controls Siri suggestions.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Not what was asked.

I don't think so. You can turn off which apps show up in search results, not sure if that also controls Siri suggestions.
Damn. That's the same functionality that it has on iOS9.

Oh well.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Not what was asked.

Do read before you reply? You just said the same thing as I did. "I don't think so".

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Do read before you reply? You just said the same thing as I did. "I don't think so".
yeah but you were talking about something completely different

i was referencing the "app suggestions" that come up as soon as you pull down on the home screen to go into search

they're called "siri suggestions" but it has nothing to do with apps being able to use siri

so he was completely right in responding the way he did

Reactions: ashindnile

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
yeah but you were talking about something completely different

i was referencing the "app suggestions" that come up as soon as you pull down on the home screen to go into search

they're called "siri suggestions" but it has nothing to do with apps being able to use siri

so he was completely right in responding the way he did
ah yes, the issue here is mine, I was thinking it said siri api since that is what is new. and we are in the ios10 beta forum, so yeah my mistake.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.