Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Just updated to 16.0.3 and Siri has broken in CarPlay… I can only ask for songs saved in my library on Apple Music. Siri won’t recognise or play anything else

Anyone else seeing this?

This is the buggiest OS for a long time

Reactions: GDMcG

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Absolutely awful. I have a laundry list of issues with this crusty update. We’ll see improvements and stability in July-ish when iOS 17 is right around the corner. Same bollocks every year. Definitely the worst is recent years.

My biggest complaint is that I can’t add my work address/location to Maps all of a sudden. It seems to be an issue only with my work address. Dropping a pin, setting my current location, choosing the facility name, etc. None of it works. There’s a disconnect between my contact card and Maps. Same address come up as two different locations. Siri took me to a third completely different location when I asked to navigate to work (before I deleted it to try to fix the above issue). Bombarded Apple support and Maps support last week with bug reports but I have yet to hear back.

You’re not alone.

Reactions: GDMcG

GDMcG

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Just updated to 16.0.3 and Siri has broken in CarPlay… I can only ask for songs saved in my library on Apple Music. Siri won’t recognise or play anything else

Anyone else seeing this?

This is the buggiest OS for a long time
My HomePods started doing this today. My iPhones work fine. Odd

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I’m having issues using Siri to run the shortcut I use to open my garage. Very annoying when I’m out walking my dogs.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Before I could report it, Siri started working again. Suspect that this was a server side issue and unrelated to the beta software.
Yep just noticed the same for me - must have been a server problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.