Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bushel of Apples

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2017
The Siri CarPlay volume will fluctuate in my car. Some days it's loud and some days I can barely hear it. I have done the "Hey Siri speak at 100% volume" and it says "this is as loud as I get" but it's still way too low and everything else on the head unit and within CarPlay is loud. Does anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? I have also checked all of the settings of the head unit (Dasaita with PX6 software) and can't find anything to adjust the internal volume. The head unit is six months old and does this off and on.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
The Siri CarPlay volume will fluctuate in my car. Some days it's loud and some days I can barely hear it. I have done the "Hey Siri speak at 100% volume" and it says "this is as loud as I get" but it's still way too low and everything else on the head unit and within CarPlay is loud. Does anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? I have also checked all of the settings of the head unit (Dasaita with PX6 software) and can't find anything to adjust the internal volume. The head unit is six months old and does this off and on.
You can try invoking Siri and then adjusting the volume on the head unit... it should then adjust the "prompt volume" instead of radio/music volume.

Bushel of Apples

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2017
Well, that was a short lived victory. That did allow me to adjust the volume of Siri but I'm still having the same problem. I'm trying to normalize the volume of CarPlay across all of the Apple apps. The Music and Maps are very loud but the Texts, Phone and Siri sound very low. This means that if it switches between an app that is low and then one that is loud, it will start screaming because the volume is not normalized (all apps the same volume). So, for example, if I have Maps open and the volume is at 20 then the sound is very loud but if I talk with Siri at volume 20 the sound is very low. I'm wanting to "normalize" the volume.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.