Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xsdeus

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm an Apple Music subscriber. While that lets me choose any song I want to listen to at anytime with no restrictions, the Apple Music interface is frustrating to navigate while driving. This meant resorting to pre-picked playlists or devoting the entirety of the commute to a preset playlist/radio.

However, I recently realized that Siri on the Apple Watch will let me spontaneously choose songs, albums, artists, or even a radio station/preset playlist!

I can just say "Hey Siri, play Justin Bieber's new album," and Apple Music will automatically begin playing JB's new album, Purpose (despite JB's late personal.. history, I have found his new album to be quite good).

Now, I just spontaneously choose whichever album I'd like to listen to, such as Taylor Swift's 1989, or Kendrick Lamar's Good Kid Maad City.

chobbles

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2015
Singapore
Actually a Siri with no voice is the best feature of AW. No longer embarrassing voice response from Siri.
You can turn off the audio feedback for Siri on the iPhone too (I think this was a new addition in iOS 9). Except when using Hey Siri - then, understandably, the audio feedback is always on.

Reactions: xsdeus

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
You can turn off the audio feedback for Siri on the iPhone too (I think this was a new addition in iOS 9). Except when using Hey Siri - then, understandably, the audio feedback is always on.

Good to know. But have not use Siri on iPhone for months, ever since I got AW. It is just easier to raise wrist with AW and push button than have to find and reach my iPhone.
Somehow Siri on AW is more accurate and correct faster also.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
LOL. You just admitted to the whole world that you have Bieber Fever. :D
Bieber is the german word for beaver, which in my brain turned your reply to beaver fever, which sounds like a film you don't want your children to see.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I've been an Apple Music subscriber for months and still can't find a way to get it on my Apple Watch? is it similar to the songs that have to be synced or just there?

xsdeus

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2012
San Diego, CA
I've been an Apple Music subscriber for months and still can't find a way to get it on my Apple Watch? is it similar to the songs that have to be synced or just there?

When you command Siri on your Apple Watch to play a certain artist's songs, it will automatically retrieve available songs on Apple Music (streaming) if your Apple ID is subscribed to it.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
I'm an Apple Music subscriber. While that lets me choose any song I want to listen to at anytime with no restrictions, the Apple Music interface is frustrating to navigate while driving. This meant resorting to pre-picked playlists or devoting the entirety of the commute to a preset playlist/radio.

However, I recently realized that Siri on the Apple Watch will let me spontaneously choose songs, albums, artists, or even a radio station/preset playlist!

I can just say "Hey Siri, play Justin Bieber's new album," and Apple Music will automatically begin playing JB's new album, Purpose (despite JB's late personal.. history, I have found his new album to be quite good).

Now, I just spontaneously choose whichever album I'd like to listen to, such as Taylor Swift's 1989, or Kendrick Lamar's Good Kid Maad City.

Siri would probably play that same album if you said, "Hey Siri...torture me" ;)

Seriously though, I agree with you. I dumped Spotify and switched to Apple Music because of the integration.

Reactions: xsdeus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.