Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2011
Ok, so I updated Thursday night to iOS 5.0.1, and since then Siri has not taken a single command. She keeps saying she cannot take any commands now, I reset my phone, restarted it, push ##UPDATE# from Sprint, called Applecare, and no solution.

Anyone else facing this problem?

Last edited:

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
Try satisfying her once in a while as well and she won't be as bitchy, guaranteed.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2011
Try satisfying her once in a while as well and she won't be as bitchy, guaranteed.

I keep all the ladies satisfied, but I think she found out about the other lady in my life, Mazda 3. I gotta tell you, she is dumber and slower than Siri but she sounds way sexier :D

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
I keep all the ladies satisfied, but I think she found out about the other lady in my life, Mazda 3. I gotta tell you, she is dumber and slower than Siri but she sounds way sexier :D

You should meet her older sister Miata. She goes topless.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2011
You should meet her older sister Miata. She goes topless.

Hahaha :D... This thread took a significantly different turn than what I was hoping for... Siri is still acting up, but at least we got entertained :)

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
Hahaha :D... This thread took a significantly different turn than what I was hoping for... Siri is still acting up, but at least we got entertained :)

Rest assured if any of us had the answer you were looking for you would have gotten more help than humor.

istarfly3r

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2009
try this...

Turn OFF siri...
(after a few seconds), Reset Network Setting.
Then, Turn Siri back ON...

I tried this and it work for me last week when my Siri went AWOL for 2 days..

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2011
try this...

Turn OFF siri...
(after a few seconds), Reset Network Setting.
Then, Turn Siri back ON...

I tried this and it work for me last week when my Siri went AWOL for 2 days..

YOU ARE THE MAN (Or the LADY!)!! Can't +1 you enough! Thanks! I swear I tried it yesterday, but today I did it exactly in your order (in fact, left like 10 minutes between the steps) and now it works great!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.