Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
I've submitted a bug report for this issue, but I want to know if anyone else is experiencing it. I can't access Siri via the Home button anywhere in the system. Is this a known bug, or is it just me?

schlaufox

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2013
Not a known bug: doesn't occur for me, and haven't heard of anyone having the problem.

Try restarting your iPhone by holding in the lock/power button and home button together until the apple logo appears and the phone restarts.

If that doesn't work, I would toggle Siri off and then on again in Settings.

bornblind

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
Alabama
I have tried rebooting and it still isn't working.
Have checked that it is enabled in settings?

a878519cd53f295e3c1918a8d0a2647d.jpg

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Not a known bug: doesn't occur for me, and haven't heard of anyone having the problem.

Try restarting your iPhone by holding in the lock/power button and home button together until the apple logo appears and the phone restarts.

If that doesn't work, I would toggle Siri off and then on again in Settings.

I did both of those steps, and it still isn't working.

schlaufox

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2013
In that case, I have no idea. If you haven't been using the beta long, and on a fresh install, I would go ahead and restore the iPhone.

Otherwise, perhaps the issue will resolve itself, or a later beta update will kick it into action.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
In that case, I have no idea. If you haven't been using the beta long, and on a fresh install, I would go ahead and restore the iPhone.

Otherwise, perhaps the issue will resolve itself, or a later beta update will kick it into action.
It's an upgrade install from OTA. Should I do an 'Erase All Content and Settings' and then restore from an iCloud backup?

schlaufox

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2013
It's an upgrade install from OTA. Should I do an 'Erase All Content and Settings' and then restore from an iCloud backup?

I can't say for certain, but I don't think that will work. Erasing All Content and Settings will leave your iPhone on iOS 10 Beta 1, which cannot be restored to an iCloud Backup from any iOS release prior to that, i.e. iOS 9.

In the case that you have made an iCloud Backup since having installed the iOS 10 Beta, then you should be able to restore from the backup fine, but: a) I doubt this would fix your issue & b) I would not trust the iCloud Backup process to be working perfectly with backups generated from Beta iOS releases.

Hopefully, you had made either an iCloud Backup which you haven't overwritten, or an iTunes backup of your iPhone, just prior to installing the iOS 10 Beta. Hopefully, too, you were running the latest version of iOS, 9.3.2, when the backup was made. In that case, I would restore your phone in iTunes, so that iOS 9.3.2 is downloaded and installed onto your phone. I would then restore from this backup, and reinstall the OTA profile and update to the iOS 10 Beta again.

Reactions: roland.schemers
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.