Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveS86

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2022
Hey! Is anyone having issues with Siri since the 17.4 Beta? It seems to misunderstand everything I say now, even the basics….

And tried calling my partner and ended up making an international call when it decided it wasn’t happy with the name in my phone book….

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
YES!
before 17.4 Siri would 'toggle' my lights with only the name of device (ie "hey Siri, desk" and the desk light would toggle to the opposite 'state'/action - (if on, Siri would turn it off and vice versa with the simple command)

Siri will no longer do this SIMPLE action. If I say, "Siri Desk" it asks "do you want it turned on or off?" This is poorly 'corrected'/designed. The previous execution was much simpler.

Apple finally gave us the option of removing the "hey" in 'hey siri' commands but NOW makes us add in the 'state' in which we want something? *shaking head* Ridiculous

Reactions: DaveS86

Zazoh

macrumors 65832
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
It is getting worse. Tried to map directions to nearby restaurant and gave me directions to a random location 1500 miles away. On second attempt told me couldn’t find and on third attempt found it.

similar for song searches. Played some random songs that didn’t match what I said at all. with advances in other platforms Apple needs to fire the Siri team and really figure this out.

Reactions: DaveS86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.