Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealPhone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Siri on Apple Watch responds but is slow to execute commands or doesn't perform commands at all. These issues occurred today, February 20, 2023.

Several users have experienced these issues in our region. Obviously, I cannot collect and provide details from everyone who has experienced this problem.

I have now received a reply from Apple Support. The reason for what we experience with Siri is probably server problems.

Last edited:

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
So we can confirm that it's an Apple Watch? :p

Do you know which watch? Which WatchOS? Which iOS? Have you rebooted watch and phone? What were you doing immediately before this occurred? Details man!

RealPhone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
So we can confirm that it's an Apple Watch? :p

Do you know which watch? Which WatchOS? Which iOS? Have you rebooted watch and phone? What were you doing immediately before this occurred? Details man!
Thank you for an insightful, intelligent and helpful response. Without resource persons like you, this forum would not be useful🙄

Last edited:

RealPhone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
They are legitimate things we need to know to help you.
Several users have experienced these issues in our region. Obviously, I cannot collect and provide details from everyone who has experienced this problem. Both our watches (6 and 9) are on Watch OS 10.3.1. iPhone 12 Pro/iPhone 15 on iOS 17.3.1.

ktd

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2010
Same issue here (Sweden) but not just on Watches (S9 & U2).

HomePod's (several Minis & 2s),iPhone's (11, 12 Mini, 14 Pro) and iPads (Gen 9 and Pro 12.9 Gen 3) all updated to latest versions.
Siri is slow and often fails to execute commands. "Working on it" "Still working on it" is the most common respons since a few days ago. It used to work good. Not as fast and accurate as Alexa but a lot better then this.

Maybe it has something to do with the EU regulations that hit Apple recently...

Reactions: RealPhone
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.