Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
I have two HomePod Minis, and this happens on both of them. I have a list called "Shopping" in my reminders.

What used to be:
Me: Siri, add xyz to my shopping list.
Siri: OK. I've added xyz to the shopping list.

What happens now:
Me: Siri, add xyz to my shopping list.
Siri: How should I set that?
Me (giving up): Never mind.
Siri: All of the contact sensors are closed.

This happens any time I ask Siri on the HomePod Minis to add anything to any reminder list.

Note that this works just fine with Siri on my watch, iPhone, and MacBook Air. It's only the HomePod Minis that appear to have lost their minds.

I've tried rebooting and updating, and that did not help.

Anyone else seeing this? Any clues or suggestions? I searched around the forum and didn't find anything like this.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
Try rebooting your router.

try rebooting your phone.

On the HomePods, have you done a hard reboot (unplugging power for a moment) or just a soft reboot using the home app? If you haven't don't a hard reboot, you should try that.

Some "personal" requests are handed off to your phone over the network in the background, which is why the router and phone reboots may help. not sure if reminders are handled this way or not.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
I rebooted the router. No change. I'd already done a hard reboot on the HomePod.

I went into settings and toggled "Personal Requests" off and back on. That seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for responding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.