Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DerMario

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
Hey, I have several Siri Shortcuts under the Siri Tab in Preferences. I did one should play a Radiostation via Airplay on the HomePod.

All Devices are latest Software....But the HomePod doesn't recognize the Phrase I recorded....the iPhone does.

Can someone help me please...

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2016
You're gonna be disappointed and might want to throw it in the garbage: the HomePod doesn't support the Siri Shortcuts...

Ahh... that’s completely untrue. HomePod supports Siri Shorcuts just fine and I’ve got a few that automatically airplay from the iPhone when activated.

Reactions: DeanL

DerMario

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
Mine is on the same Apple ID.

I already did a reset of the homepod.. No luck

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Ahh... that’s completely untrue. HomePod supports Siri Shorcuts just fine and I’ve got a few that automatically airplay from the iPhone when activated.

What do you mean automatically AirPlay?

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2016
What do you mean automatically AirPlay?

So I have a Siri shortcut that:
- Switches off various LIFX lights (linked to Homekit Scene)
- Arms Arlo alarm system
- Plays rain sounds from Apple Music

When I run the shortcut from HomePod, the rain sounds are played from the HomePod.

The only issue I'm having with this Siri Shortcut is the HomePod volume. I've used a System Volume shortcut, but that doesn't seem to change anything on the HomePod.

MontTrain

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2012
Not sure if it helps but I had a similar problem. If I ran the shortcut from Siri on my phone it worked but on HomePod it wouldn’t recognise it.

The fix for me was that location services wasn’t set correctly on my iPhone.

Settings - Privacy - location services - share my location from this device

Reactions: DerMario

DerMario

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
Not sure if it helps but I had a similar problem. If I ran the shortcut from Siri on my phone it worked but on HomePod it wouldn’t recognise it.

The fix for me was that location services wasn’t set correctly on my iPhone.

Settings - Privacy - location services - share my location from this device

That was the key!!!! Thanks!

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
So I have a Siri shortcut that:
- Switches off various LIFX lights (linked to Homekit Scene)
- Arms Arlo alarm system
- Plays rain sounds from Apple Music

When I run the shortcut from HomePod, the rain sounds are played from the HomePod.

The only issue I'm having with this Siri Shortcut is the HomePod volume. I've used a System Volume shortcut, but that doesn't seem to change anything on the HomePod.

Ok so it wasn’t actually airplay. The HomePod is playing the song. It would be nice if you could make a shortcut, run it on your phone and it started playing on a airplay speaker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.