Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laz232

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2016
At a café near you
Siri is basically still complete ****:

"What is the current version of iOS"
Siri: "Sorry, I can't do that"

"What version of iOS is installed on this phone"
Siri: "I'm sorry, I can't do that"

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Siri is basically still complete ****:

"What is the current version of iOS"
Siri: "Sorry, I can't do that"

"What version of iOS is installed on this phone"
Siri: "I'm sorry, I can't do that"
Told me that I'm running iOS 11.3.

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
A simple but really annoying example why Siri and/or iOS get my nerve is HomeKit: “Turn my living room heather 1 degree up/hotter” Siri can’t do it. Why such a simple task is not possible?
Siri should look into my home devices find the heater, read the temperature and should turn it hotter.

Another example: play song x in my living room/AppleTV. Song starts playing on the device I asked Siri from and not on my Apple TV.

Well if you're going to pronounce 'heater' as 'heather' how do you expect Siri to understand what you are saying? :D

ddrulez

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Germany
I say "Heizung".

Siri isn't good enough right now. But they are on it.
The command "play it on my Apple TV" works in the latest beta build.

Scott Williams

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2019
Siri is definitely getting worse. With each OS update it gets a little big worse. Previously Siri was pretty good with, "tell me how to get to xwz" or play playlist "X" shuffled, or "Call Mom". But now I find for each of these vary simple things I have to repeat the instructions 4 or 5 times before she gets it right, and probably 30% of the time I get frustrated and just have to manually do the operation. I have also found that Siri really struggles when in a car with some background noise and that is when I need Siri most. I new thing since IOS 13 is she seems to have trouble with the internet connection now. I will have plenty of bars but she will report a problem with the connection. Then I will repeat the command (same bars of connectivity) and it works. So frustrating. I'm at the point where I'm thinking about switching to Android. I've been using an iphone for 10+ years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.