Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
37D10943-FE88-4460-8C27-2F08EB783297.jpeg
Today, I asked Siri what the temp was in my house - the resulting response sounded funny, and sure enough, this is what was displayed.

I’m not upset, I won’t sue Apple, I’m not gonna throw a hissy-fit, I’m not going to leave Apple and go “droid.” But they should fix that. Anyone else getting this or am I special?:rolleyes:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
View attachment 736961 Today, I asked Siri what the temp was in my house - the resulting response sounded funny, and sure enough, this is what was displayed.

I’m not upset, I won’t sue Apple, I’m not gonna throw a hissy-fit, I’m not going to leave Apple and go “droid.” But they should fix that. Anyone else getting this or am I special?:rolleyes:
Siri is giving you the temperature outdoors. It ignored "in the living room", since it can't give you the temp of the room.

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
I don't understand Siri's response. Is it supposed to be a joke?

Idk. My assumption is typographical error by the person(s) typing in Siri’s responses.

Siri is giving you the temperature outdoors. It ignored "in the living room", since it can't give you the temp of the room.

Not so. I have the ecobee with sensors in every room. Siri does give the temp of every room I ask of. :p
B5CE8783-0EB0-40C1-B562-7ECFB469D409.jpeg

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Not so. I have the ecobee with sensors in every room. Siri does give the temp of every room I ask of. :p
View attachment 736967
Since you posted this in the iOS forum, my response was based on you having an iOS device, which alone doesn't have that capability. If you had mentioned that you had smart home sensors, or had posted in the HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology forum, my response would have been different.

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
Since you posted this in the iOS forum, my response was based on you having an iOS device, which alone doesn't have that capability. If you had mentioned that you had smart home sensors, or had posted in the HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology forum, my response would have been different.

Forgive me your excellency...
I had an issue with Siri, which is part of iOS, or so I thought, and posted accordingly.
Next?

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
View attachment 736961 Today, I asked Siri what the temp was in my house - the resulting response sounded funny, and sure enough, this is what was displayed.

Might have been a just a joke-like way or saying it since Siri can sometimes do these kinds of quirky things.

Reactions: hlfway2anywhere

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
Did you change the thermostat to 72? Just curious if it was giving you indoor temp and thermostat setting.

Yep! Before I had asked what the temp was, I asked Siri to warm it up to 72. I knew it was cold, but wanted to know just how cold it was to justify my running the heater on a day that was supposed to hit 80F. Southern California. ;)

Apparently Siri was cold too...?

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Yep! Before I had asked what the temp was, I asked Siri to warm it up to 72. I knew it was cold, but wanted to know just how cold it was to justify my running the heater on a day that was supposed to hit 80F. Southern California. ;)

Apparently Siri was cold too...?
Thanks. I was curious if that's how it worked. I have some HomeKit lights, but no accessories like thermostat.

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.