Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
Im trying to get Find MY to recognize my "real" address but since updating to Ventura, the Find My location is about 1 (NYC) block away from my home—in the middle of the intersection. how would I use the Find My to locate a misplaced device if the location is that far off?

When I looked thru system preferences (ugh.. "Settings") I noticed the "Significant Locations" keeps recognizing my "home" incorrectly. How do I correct this?

All of my devices show in find my, but all show Siri's idea of my "home Address" not what I have in my contacts (my real address). I erased Siri Suggestions and Significant Locations. Siri has even labeled this incorrect address as 'home' in suggestions?!?

How to over-ride Siri highjacking my location?

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
You need to add yourself as a contact and add your home address. Then you can tell Siri which one is you and it will recognize your address.

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
I already have my address in Contacts (been there over 20yrs), thats why this is so confusing. Before my upgrade, my location was accurate (within a 'feet', not 'city blocks').

if I ask Siri "what's my home address?", she reads my correct address. But when I try to set Find My "Notify if forgotten" and select my "home" address it reads/registers the wrong address as well shows my location in the middle of intersection down the block. ??

All of my devices are logged into the same ID, on my wifi and my Mac Studio is connected via ethernet to same router. Yet ALL of the devices in Find My are clumped together down the block in the middle the intersection.

tuesdaykilllois

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2024
I know this is well after the fact, but I am having the same issue. Everything was correct and accurate, but now it is way off. Did you ever get a fix?

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
hi no... but ?better.

I think maybe it's my mobile provider and how they 'triangulate' the location. My 'home' location (when im sitting in my apt) still shows its down the blockbut its 'aliitle bit closer 1/2block.

while I know some ppl will be saying "its nit picky" but in the city, sending or using 'my location' is useless if every time it ignores your contact address and lists a location 1 block away.

I wish there were a fix for this. (I even tried calibrating the compass and resetting network location etc)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.