Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applestein

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2021
Indiana
Hello, I switched to iphone back in 2020 with the 12pro. Before this I had been a long time android user going back to 2012 (before that I had a 3gs so I guess i'm back). I love my iphone and I am fully in the apple ecosystem now. There is just one thing I miss though and that's google's voice recognition. I hate using siri or speech to text because it hardly ever picks up correctly. Now, I live in very southern Indiana so I have one hell of a mix of a southern and midwestern accents, but google assistaint hardly ever missed a word. Sometimes I have no idea how SIRI chooses a word thats nowhere near what I said. Do any of you have a similar problem with SIRI, or am I just a dummie that can't talk correctly?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
No you are not on your own. Siri is dumber than a bunch of rocks. Apple go out of their way to make Siri even more useless year after year with every iteration in my opinion.

Reactions: applestein

applestein

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2021
Indiana
No you are not on your own. Siri is dumber than a bunch of rocks. Apple go out of their way to make Siri even more useless year after year with every iteration in my opinion.
On my note 9, I used the google assistant constantly, and now i use siri for nothing more than calander additions but even that is a struggle sometimes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.