Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Feyl

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
So I was talking to Siri today and she gave me some interesting answers about WWDC. I wasn’t excited about it but now I’m kinda looking forward to WWDC.

What do you guys think of the answers? I think maybe Siri will get a new design (new home?) or even the whole iOS. Lets all keep asking her about WWDC to get more answers :)

Attachments

• 0B91E92B-917E-43F9-9B8C-030ADDA4C3B8.png
    0B91E92B-917E-43F9-9B8C-030ADDA4C3B8.png
    353.7 KB · Views: 654
  • A5CACDF1-921A-4D32-96EB-DBAA22FE879D.png
    A5CACDF1-921A-4D32-96EB-DBAA22FE879D.png
    398.3 KB · Views: 552

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
That sounds like they haven’t updated the responses for this years WWDC yet. All responses sound like HomePod and new voice changes we got last year (minus the getting smarter one, Siri is still quite mentally challenged).

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
So I was talking to Siri today and she gave me some interesting answers about WWDC. I wasn’t excited about it but now I’m kinda looking forward to WWDC.

What do you guys think of the answers? I think maybe Siri will get a new design (new home?) or even the whole iOS. Lets all keep asking her about WWDC to get more answers :)

Oh the irony.

Meshy and matte was a HomePod reference. Getting smarter? Well Siri's 'meshy and matte' response already rules that out. Embarrassing really. Does no one at Apple right this stuff down so they can UNDO it after WWDC? Hell, set a Siri reminder, it can do that!

I use Siri a lot and for my use it works good, great even, but there is definitely room for improvement and this post is a perfect point in case....

Reactions: simonmet and Feyl

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I use Siri a lot and for my use it works good, great even, but there is definitely room for improvement and this post is a perfect point in case....

Siri changes are coming and rightfully so. I think Apple realizes this and I’m sure the Amount of feedback they have received has been substantial. They actually acquired John Giannandrea from Google, who was there Chief from Artificial and Intelligence, which I can only assume is to improve Siri with its artificial intelligence.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/04/03/apple-hires-google-ai-chief/amp/

And as somebody as a heavy use Siri user as myself, I use it for all my Apple products through dictation. Siri needs to be improved with accuracy with the deciphering words mainly.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Hell, set a Siri reminder, it can do that!
Hah, this is one of the few things that I actually use Siri for. That and unlocking my front door because I don't keep the key on my keychain and have never bothered remembering the passcode because I mainly use the garage door.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Siri changes are coming and rightfully so. I think Apple realizes this and I’m sure the Amount of feedback they have received has been substantial. They actually acquired John Giannandrea from Google, who was there Chief from Artificial and Intelligence, which I can only assume is to improve Siri with its artificial intelligence.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/04/03/apple-hires-google-ai-chief/amp/

And as somebody as a heavy use Siri user as myself, I use it for all my Apple products through dictation. Siri needs to be improved with accuracy with the deciphering words mainly.

Feel like I hear this a lot, but we'll see. Like I said I'm happy and I'm also patient.

Apples tight ecosystem slows them down quite a bit. An update for a feature can't be launched until every other product has their update ready to launch. BUT it also can't break previous versions either incase your device can't be updated. And of course they try to make security take precedence. Honestly managing all Apples product and software teams has got to be a complete nightmare.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I hope it gets smarter I want google level smart on iPhone.

As long as Apple prioritizes privacy the levels google is capable of will be unattainable by Apple.

Now I’m not saying that all Siri’s current shortcomings are related to privacy concerns. I’m just talking in general.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I actually prefer Siri’s old voice compared to the new voice that was introduced last year at WWDC. It just doesn’t sound natural enough to me and I’m hoping that they are able to refine that somewhat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.