Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
I am no longer able to play music from spotify on my home pods by saying hey siri play music on spotify. Every time I try, siri says I need to update my phone to play music from spotify. My iPhone is updated to the latest version as are my HomePods. All boxes are checked under siri search and spotify on my phone. I have reset the phone and restarted the spotify app, I've tried all the basic things I've seen listed online. Nothing works. Any ideas?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
is the Spotify app updated?
Latest version looks like it came out 6 days ago.

I've found sometimes auto update for the App Store tends to lag quite a bit.

Also rebooting your HomePod, phone, and router might not hurt.

I've seen several times where a HomePod is working "fine", except for one small thing, and a reboot will normally sort it. Sometimes I've had some homekit devices stop working, while others continue to work.

also make sure you haven't accidentally turned off wifi on your phone, as the HP and phone need to communicate over wifi for this to happen.

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
Thank you so much for your reply and suggestions. All tried, and unfortunately still a no go. If I say hey siri play spotify it works directly on my phone, but I can no longer get my HomePods to accept the command anymore. No idea what changed. All software is up to date, also on my HomePods. Rebooted HomePods etc. Frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.