Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheddar-caveman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
No matter where I put settings, Siri is silent! How can I wake it up?

IMG_8090.PNG

DieselFiend1989

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2019
Hold whichever button makes siri appear at the bottom of your screen. Once she is there, use the hardware volume buttons to turn her up.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Reboot your phone. If that doesn’t work, try Settings > General > Reset > Network Settings. If that doesn’t work, try reset all settings. If that doesn’t work, Siri is cheating on you with someone else.

I get step 1 and 3 but why reset network settings to affect Siri?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Last edited:

cheddar-caveman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
SORTED! My wife (younger, with better hearing) heard Siri very faintly when I asked it something. I then asked Siri to speak louder, and it did. I then also noticed that when I asked something the volume control appeared on the screen so I turned it up and all is well.
But why doesn't the volume control appear anywhere in the Siri set up screens?
IMG_8091.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
SORTED! My wife (younger, with better hearing) heard Siri very faintly when I asked it something. I then asked Siri to speak louder, and it did. I then also noticed that when I asked something the volume control appeared on the screen so I turned it up and all is well.
But why doesn't the volume control appear anywhere in the Siri set up screens?
View attachment 965401
Like media playback or phone calls which have their own volumes, so does Siri. Sounds like the earlier suggestions of trying to increase the Siri volume (while Siri is activated) did the trick.

Reactions: pakupakuman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.