Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
I can't find anything to suggest this has changed but can you lower Siri's voice on the homepod now and if so how? Far too loud when replying.

malcky77

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2019
Just say “hey Siri, volume 10%” when nothing is playing and it should lower Siri voice volume.
That is not a permanent set volume for Siri voice though, so if I know I want to do/test Siri stuff and it’s late at night or early in the morning I say the above command before doing anything else.

Oh and pick your volume level....10% is low enough for me.

Reactions: LeeW

FHoff

Suspended
Mar 21, 2020
Siri’s voice volume on HomePod is whatever the volume of the speaker is set to.

Neodym

macrumors 68020
Jul 5, 2002
if I know I want to do/test Siri stuff and it’s late at night or early in the morning I say the above command before doing anything else.
I‘ve set an automation (recurring daily) in the Home App to lower the volume in the evening and raise it again in the morning. Can’t set an exact volume, as there‘s only a measureless slider, but it still works okay for me.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Siri’s voice volume on HomePod is whatever the volume of the speaker is set to.

I set the volume to 1% which we can all agree is very low. When I ask Siri a question after that, the level of her voice is of a magnitude louder, in fact, I tested at 1% and 10% and there is no distinguishable difference in the voice level.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
So, I did a factory reset of the Homepod and tried again. Now working as above in that if I reduce the volume to 1% and then try 10% there is a clear difference in the level of Siri's voice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.