Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Yes, I had noticed that it was down, and am glad that it is now back up and running.

However, for several minutes just immediately preceding the site going down, the site was clearly stuttering, as I kept receiving messages of 'data error', and 'server' issue messages when I attempted to reply to a post.

Reactions: max2

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
Since about a week or so, I experience significant performance issues from time to time.
Loading a page of the forum takes >10 seconds or so.
Anyone else?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Since about a week or so, I experience significant performance issues from time to time.
Loading a page of the forum takes >10 seconds or so.
Anyone else?
From time to time, yes.

Yesterday, - while the site was down, and for a few minutes immediately prior to that - it was very poor.

And, yes, I agree that it has been less than optimal on a few occasions - usually in the evening in Europe (which is when the US comes on line) for the past week or so, which is when pages can take longer than usual to load.

Reactions: max2 and NME42

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
From time to time, yes.

Yesterday, - while the site was down, and for a few minutes immediately prior to that - it was very poor.

And, yes, I agree that it has been less than optimal on a few occasions - usually in the evening in Europe (which is when the US comes on line) for the past week or so, which is when pages can take longer than usual to load.

About 5 mins ago, I had extreme loading times again. Started Web Developer tools in Safari and it showed about 17 seconds to load the entire page.
Now the problem is gone.

Contacted the support here, hope they can fix this issue.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
About 5 mins ago, I had extreme loading times again. Started Web Developer tools in Safari and it showed about 17 seconds to load the entire page.
Now the problem is gone.

Contacted the support here, hope they can fix this issue.
Before MR switched to their current server, this - lagging and freezing and stalling, and, sometimes, taking an age to load a page - used to happen regularly.

Nowadays, fortunately, it seems to be rather rare.

Reactions: NME42

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
More problems (or, what may be the start of potential problems) this evening, as the previous (most recent) collapse of the site had been preceded by several glitches and hiccups that were similar to what I have been experiencing today and this evening:

When trying to "like" a post I received the following message on a few occasions (and opened a fresh window to post this): "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

Trying to open a page had elicited a similar message.

kerr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
I’ve never noticed the forums being as slow as they are today. Are they always this bad on iPhone launch day?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just now - when I attempted to access the forums - the page stalled, and then (after much prodding and prompting) opened to a message that read something on the lines of "Bad Gateway 502 - Cloudflare".

I checked my connection, and them attempted again to reach the forum, and, this time, was successful; before doing anything else, I thought it appropriate to post here, advising what had happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.