Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
I was wondering because I saw a Mac Mini sized box under the tree for me, and wanted to be sure. I don't know exactly because it is wrapped.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Hmm... I measured it and according to my (probably wrong) measurements the top is 9" and the side is 8.5". However the wrapping paper is pretty thick.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Hmm... I measured it and according to my (probably wrong) measurements the top is 9" and the side is 8.5". However the wrapping paper is pretty thick.
Although I'm not sure of the exact size, the box is not nearly that cube-like, and I'm sure it's smaller.

But... hopefully I'm wrong, and that's a mini in there - or a box full of money to buy a Mac Pro. ;)

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
The reason I think it is a Mac Mini is beacuse it has one of those plastic carrying handles just like on the Mac Mini boxes I've seen in pictures.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
8.75" (w) x 8.5" (h) x 5.75" (d)

Feel for a bump at the top where the plastic handle may protrude out.

Yeah I felt thorough the paper and there is definately a plastic handle protruding , but I can't see the color of the handle since it is wrapped.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
When I looked over the package and felt it, it has some kind of padding in it. Not all over the package mind you, but there nonetheless. Then noticing a small tear in the paper and I saw a piece of green fabric. My guess is that whomever wrapped it added extra padding for protection.;)

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
When I looked over the package and felt it, it has some kind of padding in it. Not all over the package mind you, but there nonetheless. Then noticing a small tear in the paper and I saw a piece of green fabric. My guess is that whomever wrapped it added extra padding for protection.;)

You'll have to let us know, you can post on here using it on Christmas day, if it is a mac mini

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
I will keep you posted! If it is a Mini one of the first things I will do is post on MR with my Brand New Mini! Here's to hoping!:D
We will know by tomarrow night.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Good luck! I *think* I got an iPod, but its entireley a gut feeling. No idea, havn't even seen the box size yet. I hope it isnt, I have one and barley use it. Oh well, if it is I'll have a new iPod...and then be sad when the Video iPod is released...:(

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Ahahahaahah, when I read the thread title, I KNEW exactly what was going on. Man, I am getting older, but I still love Christmas. Sounds like you just got yourself a new mac!!:)

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
They're almost a full day ahead you know...

B

Aha! I get it! What I meant is that we usually open gifts late on Christmas Eve or early (Midnight) Christmas day.

If it truly is a Mini it will be a miracle for me, because I will have finally convinced my father to buy one for me!
How much you wanna bet it's the low end one... ahh well at least it's a mac.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
Aha! I get it! What I meant is that we usually open gifts late on Christmas Eve or early (Midnight) Christmas day.
I wish our family did that! Although, everyone, except me, is in bed by 11 lately. My sister works retail and my mom and dad go to bed early anyways.

If it truly is a Mini it will be a miracle for me, because I will have finally convinced my father to buy one for me!
I'd take the low end one! At least your getting a Mac. Although don't get your hopes up too high. You don't want to look like a fool when it doesn't turn out. But best of luck! Report back tomorrow night!

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania

I have a low-end G4 mini. I don't want to hear about low-end intel systems and how slow they are right now. Actually, even my low-end G4 isn't too shabby... but if you don't like it, I'll trade you my G4 with a hard drive upgrade*:D

*from my cold dead hands. Viva la PPC!

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
I have a low-end G4 mini. I don't want to hear about low-end intel systems and how slow they are right now. Actually, even my low-end G4 isn't too shabby... but if you don't like it, I'll trade you my G4 with a hard drive upgrade*:D

*from my cold dead hands. Viva la PPC!

That's ok!:p I didn't mean it like that.

peter32892

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2006
Don't get to excited and thinking it is a mini because if you open it and it isn't you shall be really upset but I hope you the best of luck and really hope it's a mini for you. :) :D :) Merry xmas and happy holidays to all.

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
i hope for you that it's actually a mini stack in the box.... and they pull the 'oh my, what could you ever use that thing for', and then pull the mini out of the closet! :D

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Good luck! I *think* I got an iPod, but its entireley a gut feeling. No idea, havn't even seen the box size yet. I hope it isnt, I have one and barley use it. Oh well, if it is I'll have a new iPod...and then be sad when the Video iPod is released...:(

The video ipod is already released. Am I missing something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.