Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdmiralObvious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2022
D96A073F-BA87-481C-81CB-5DA830673ED7.png
SketchyBar is a free and open source project with which it is possible to create custom status bars for macOS.

The project is targeted towards advanced users and tinkeres. It allows to fully customize the bar experience, including placement, paddings, margins, colors, blur, fonts, icons, etc. Additionally, regular macOS menu bar applications can be displayed in this bar replacement, such as the default wifi or bluetooth indicator and 3rd party apps like MeetingBar and Stats.

The main concept is the configurability of all properties during runtime through the commandline, allowing full scriptability, including a powerful event system.

All properties can be animated with a custom animation system to create beautiful reactive custom bars.

I have not earned any money with this project and do not plan to do so, so I would like to restrict the discussion to constructive criticism.

Reactions: phrehdd

Ya Boi Moh

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2023
I installed Sketchy Bar on my computer, but I don't know how to get the configuration shown on the GitHub page, as I don't know how to use iTerm. What commands should I use?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.