Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonoColesUK

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2005
London UK
I would have to agree that sticking sticky-back plastic on a mac is just stupid.

However the desert storm camo skin for PS2 is pretty awesome :D

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2005
probably kills the resell value, but the only reason why they're ugly is because the skin is for the top only

zimtheinvader

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2005
the capitol
They are not really that bad, at least for someone a bit sick of Apple's 'sterile hospital' scheme... some of them are pretty campy though...
And they would not wreck the resell value at all since they are completely removable, (apparently they are a rubber, 'goo free, washable," ipod skin sort of thing...) Meh, still the mini is neat+fun but too little max ram...

Myradon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
zimtheinvader said:
They are not really that bad, at least for someone a bit sick of Apple's 'sterile hospital' scheme... some of them are pretty campy though...
And they would not wreck the resell value at all since they are completely removable, (apparently they are a rubber, 'goo free, washable," ipod skin sort of thing...) Meh, still the mini is neat+fun but too little max ram...

I agree with the hospital theme. When I started loking into buying a mac, (Around December) I was somewhat upset that the "Flavor" line was retired a long time ago. I find the white computers clash more than a little with my house hold theme. (Expects flames)

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Meh, I've seen worse.

I'm not a big fan though. I like the simplicy of the mini - it is a visual reduction of a computer to a very simple form. With the stickers it looks like a computer with a big sticker on it, nothing more.

el greenerino

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2003
Adds some spice to Apple's new boring aesthetic (the current powermac and imac pale in comparison to the previous designs)

But enough negativity,I like the Mona Lisa and checkered one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.