Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opeepingtomo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Just got my SkinStyler Trackpad and Button skin in today. Installed perfectly with no problems, however now when using the trackpad, its not very sensitive anymore to picking up the input from my finger.

Now i have to press harder with more of my finger for it to pick it up, and even then, the movements are jumpy, will move smooth until you are close to what you want to click on, and when u start doing smaller movements to be more precise, like on the dock for example, good luck.

Any suggestions other than taking the skin off, and has anyone else had this issue?

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
I have an invisible shield, and it did the same thing. Did you apply it with a solution spray/water? It took a few days for mine to finally set and dry properly, so at first it was jumpy and unresponsive but now its perfect.

opeepingtomo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
No, these kind aren't the water based kind that you apply and let dry, they just "stick"on.

So i don't know.

I guess ill give it a day or so and if not ill just remove the sticker from the trackpad, and consider it a waste.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
I bought a black one for my Blackbook. It was on a matter of a couple hours and it drove me nuts. I felt like I had to DRAG my finger to get it to work. It looked nice, but did not work as advertised. I also hated the trackpad cover that came with the Moshi Palmguard set. I guess the trackpad is meant to be used uncovered.

opeepingtomo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Yea its working a little better now with the more that i use it, but just like you said, nothing near advertised, and its very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.