Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
I have this small pet peeve with my computer. Since I am on a wireless network the card will get turned off during sleep modes. is there a way i can disable that and keep the card active while sleeping?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
No, sorry. During sleep only parts of the logic board and the RAM are powered so there wouldn't be any point in keeping the network connection open, even if you could. :eek:

Your connection should automatically open when you wake from sleep though. Is it not doing this?

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I don't think so.

But if you wish to keep your Mac ON all the time (let just the display sleep), you can at least have it DOING something useful. Folding@Home :)

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
mad jew said:
No, sorry. During sleep only parts of the logic board and the RAM are powered so there wouldn't be any point in keeping the network connection open, even if you could. :eek:

Your connection should automatically open when you wake from sleep though. Is it not doing this?

it is opening up again. it just I much rather for the connection to be live 24/7. But, as mentioned from the post above i can do folding ... which sounds like a wonderful idea. i did do folding back at my parents till i moved. so i can look into this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.