Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamIT

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2016
Any more thoughts on this App? I bought it, and have been using it for about two weeks ago. I was pretty happy with it, but then I noticed that it was telling me I was asleep when I knew I was wake, so now I am suspect as to how accurate it is, and when else it is giving me erroneous results.

Same with me. Just took a rest and despite that I didn’t sleep, I got a long line of deep sleep :)
At least it felt good to lie down to test the app and relax a bit

yolzy

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
I was very interested in the sleep cycle app but now I'm reading this in the reviews:

"The application is FAKE. If you place the phone on for instance a table over night instead it still shows statistics depicting a persons sleep. SO unless my apartment is haunted by ghosts I do not think the table moves around by itself.

http://www.148apps.com/reviews/sleep-cycle-alarm-clock/#ixzz1JVKIgBEv

I like most of us was intrigued my the technology, data and potential for feeling better in the morning. The problem is, this app is SNAKE OIL....it's a lie. When placed on a table far away from you it will create a nice movement graph as if you have gone through sleep cycles all night. It will also awaken you at a random time. And this is based on WHAT?

I loved this app for a while until I discovered its a huge joke... I left my phone far away from me on the floor as well as on a dresser two nights in a row and magically I have a sleep cycle graph! Don't waste your money.

http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/sleep-cycle-alarm-clock/id320606217?mt=8#

Is this true?
[doublepost=1535333073][/doublepost]I installed the sleep cycle app too. It's a S h I t app! I had it on my mattress to sense movement. It said I was awake from 2am to 5am which is bull sh $t
Screenshot_2018-08-27-11-23-44-99.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.