Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sptzz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2024
Is it possible to have the MBP sleep whilst in clamshell mode (power always connected) and waking it up with an external mouse and/or keyboard?

If so, how does one achieve automatic sleeping? By turning off the "Prevent automatic sleeping on power adapter when the display is off"?? And if so, how does one define when to sleep? Say I want it to sleep if I've been away for 2 hours, how to achieve that?

Thank you!

MacBuddyz

Suspended
Nov 7, 2023
Sleep is working just like on normal macbook.
By turning off the "Prevent automatic sleeping on power adapter when the display is off"??
Yes
And if so, how does one define when to sleep? Say I want it to sleep if I've been away for 2 hours, how to achieve that?
I think you can set display off time in lock screen settings and mac will go to sleep eventually when screen is off.

Reactions: Sptzz

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Is it possible to have the MBP sleep whilst in clamshell mode (power always connected) and waking it up with an external mouse and/or keyboard?

If so, how does one achieve automatic sleeping? By turning off the "Prevent automatic sleeping on power adapter when the display is off"?? And if so, how does one define when to sleep? Say I want it to sleep if I've been away for 2 hours, how to achieve that?

Thank you!

If you go to Settings > Lock Screen, you can adjust the delay before the display automatically shuts off:

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 4.08.59 PM.jpg

Reactions: Sptzz

Sptzz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2024
Thanks all! Wasnt sure if turning off display was associated with sleep! That makes sense!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.