Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelGR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
I started using a USB-N13 wi-fi adapter made by Asus. When it is plugged in and my MacPro goes to sleep it won't wake up. I have to hold the power button to reboot. Suggestions?

michaelGR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
What driver are you using for the N13?
[doublepost=1561221208][/doublepost]I'm running OSX 10.11.6 on my MacPro but the install disc only offered OSX 10.7. Not perfect but I thought I would be able to update after. I did get a hold of 'Asus' support and they had nothing to offer.

michaelGR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
Did you try the download from this page?

Says it supports 10.7 to 10.11 - and it may be worth trying out.
Well well DeltaMac, that's the ticket! Why didn't Asus support know this? I've been wasting so much time with this so thank you very much.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Well well DeltaMac, that's the ticket! Why didn't Asus support know this? I've been wasting so much time with this so thank you very much.
I make an assumption that the CD that came with a product just might be outdated, particularly if you notice that the product is an older item. If there is actually Mac software on the installer CD, then the manufacturer's web site just might have other updates. So, sometimes you get better luck by searching for the info yourself - and occasionally, you don't get the right answer because you did not ask the right question.
Part of good tech support (IMHO) is to decipher (correctly) what the customer is asking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.