Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyroo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2021
Hi everyone,

I need help with this because it’s a weird change and I seem to be the only one complaining.

If you go to settings > focus > sleep > options > sleep screen > on

Before this was a behavior that was trigged only if I had the sleep focus on, but now with the latest update the behavior happens automatically. Regardless if I have the focus mode on or not.

So if I try using my watch while the sleep focus is off and while I’m on my sleep schedule the screen will be locked and I gotta unlock it every single time. This is annoying and I hate whoever engineer came up with the idea. Any way around it? Ofc I could turn off the sleep screen but then I’d be butt dialing people all night while I actually sleep. I refuse to accept apple is being this dumb now lol

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
while the sleep focus is off and while I’m on my sleep schedule
How can that happen? Sleep Focus will be on the moment you’re on your sleep schedule. Always. Hence the name of the focus: Sleep.
The only way your sleep focus will not be on when you’re on your sleep schedule is you’re in another focus mode, like Watching Movies - if you have set something like that up. That way your watch won’t be locked And it will only locked when you’re out of that focus mode. So if you want your watch screen to be unlocked while you’re on your sleep schedule simply change the focus to something else.

kyroo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2021
How can that happen? Sleep Focus will be on the moment you’re on your sleep schedule. Always. Hence the name of the focus: Sleep.
The only way your sleep focus will not be on when you’re on your sleep schedule is you’re in another focus mode, like Watching Movies - if you have set something like that up. That way your watch won’t be locked And it will only locked when you’re out of that focus mode. So if you want your watch screen to be unlocked while you’re on your sleep schedule simply change the focus to something else.
I agree with you but they changed that. Now even if you change the focus to be something else your watch will remain locked. That’s where my frustration comes from…

kyroo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2021
Guess what? They undid the changes now lol guess I wasn’t the only one complaining

kyroo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2021
Ugh now they implemented it again this is a nightmare

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.