Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I was using my rooCase as my temp case this evening and discovered an issue that's not technically a defect. This case (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008SJ4WI6/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00) is a faux leather case that is similar to the original iPad case where you slide the iPad in. The case is designed to cover the bezel on all four sides, but with cut outs for the home button and front camera. What I discovered was that due to the thin bezels on the side, they were completely covered by the case. When I was trying to organize my icons by dragging them to other pages, it was difficult because the case was getting in the way. I ended up having to keep dragging my finger under the part of the case covering the bezel.

I bring this up because I am not completely sure this is an issue with just the rooCase. I believe due to the thin side bezels, this may be an issue with any case that requires you to slide the iPad into a section that may cover the side bezels. If that's the case then I think snap in cases where the bezel is completely uncovered may be the better option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.