Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Ever since iPadOS 16 was released slideover seems very broken. For example apps randomly get flushed from slide over regularly. The only app that consistently remains is the files app even after a restart. But the worst culprit is messages. After a few hours it fails to appear in slideover but will open full screen. Stage manager is a mess and I prefer slideover as my “multitasking“. Since Apple seemed to have gotten that right (But now busted it ).

This was never an issue before and even more maddening since I have an M2 iPad Pro with 8GB of ram. Messages was always super useful for slideover for a quick in and out but iPads busted multitasking has now ruined that.

For reference I even tried opening another instance or “window” of messages for full screen and anither for slide over. Still it gets flushed from slideover and will become two full screen window options instead after a few hours.

Anyone else notice this or know if it’s fixed in iPadOS 17?

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
I had issues with memory management that caused similar issues. Also, webpages and apps reload like the Device has 64k memory. I restored my M1 iPad Pro to see if it was just caused by a corrupted update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.