Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Six0Four

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2020
I was putting on my new case for my iPhone 11 and noticed a slight creaking sound. I then very gently twisted the phone by putting a finger on each corner and noticed this same creak. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks.

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
Here's what I would do...........
Take the case off.
Clean it inside & out.
Spray a very light coat of silicone spray on a soft cloth (very light).
Apply a very light amount on the phone where it contacts the case (very light).
Put the case back on.
If you decide to try this, let us know what the result is.

Six0Four

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2020
Here's what I would do...........
Take the case off.
Clean it inside & out.
Spray a very light coat of silicone spray on a soft cloth (very light).
Apply a very light amount on the phone where it contacts the case (very light).
Put the case back on.
If you decide to try this, let us know what the result is.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, but it is the actual phone that is creaking, doesn't have anything to do with the case. Taking off the case is just how I noticed it since the phone slightly twists when taking off my tight case.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Hey thanks for the suggestion, but it is the actual phone that is creaking, doesn't have anything to do with the case. Taking off the case is just how I noticed it since the phone slightly twists when taking off my tight case.
Have to isolated exactly where the creak is coming from? I reckon this could be within the realms of normal and you would not be able to RMA the device. I have an iPad that has creaked since 2015 and it’s still running like a champ. I wouldn’t worry about it, especially if it’s within a case.

Reactions: Six0Four

Six0Four

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2020
Have to isolated exactly where the creak is coming from? I reckon this could be within the realms of normal and you would not be able to RMA the device. I have an iPad that has creaked since 2015 and it’s still running like a champ. I wouldn’t worry about it, especially if it’s within a case.

yes it is very hard to pinpoint where the creak is coming from. I suspect it may be normal as well. Next time I'm in the Apple store I'm gonna start twisting iphone 11's and check 🤣

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.