Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tboooe

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 22, 2009
I think my eyes are bleeding from ready all the posts about cases on this site. I am after a slim case (not silicone) that shows some of the bezel. So far, it seems the Griffin Reveal is the best bet. I looked at the SGP and Incipio as well but those show too much (i.e. all of the bezel). Are there any other cases I should look at that is similar to the Griffin?

Ben C.

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
New England
So far, it seems the Griffin Reveal is the best bet. I looked at the SGP and Incipio as well but those show too much (i.e. all of the bezel).
The Griffin Reveal shows no less bezel than the Incipio Feather. They both cover up the sides of the bezel, leave the bottom open, and leave the front facing portion of the bezel (framing the screen) visible.

Ben C.

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
New England
Ben C, you are right. I meant the SGP only.
Ah - thanks for clarifying. And good luck with the case hunt... it's ridiculous how many brands, styles, and designs there are out there; and they all seem to have drawbacks of one type or another!

imacdane

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
I just pre-ordered the Agent 18 Eco Slider case. I had the same case for my original iphone and it was great. My only complaint was that taking it on and off scratched my phone. However, they seem to have fixed this by putting silicon pads on the inside to protect the case from scratches. The case also shows some of the chrome bezel. If you order today, you get it 50% off, plus if you use the coupon code "father" you get an additional "25". PLUS they have a competitor buy back program, which allows you to send a different case in to them and that gets you 50% off. Basically, its a good deal, and it shows some of the bezel, which is what you're looking for. You should check it out, agent18.com

imacdane

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
One more thing, agent 18 also has a slim shield coming out as well, and it looks very similar to the griffin reveal and the feather. You should check that out as well.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I just pre-ordered the Agent 18 Eco Slider case. I had the same case for my original iphone and it was great. My only complaint was that taking it on and off scratched my phone. However, they seem to have fixed this by putting silicon pads on the inside to protect the case from scratches. The case also shows some of the chrome bezel. If you order today, you get it 50% off, plus if you use the coupon code "father" you get an additional "25". PLUS they have a competitor buy back program, which allows you to send a different case in to them and that gets you 50% off. Basically, its a good deal, and it shows some of the bezel, which is what you're looking for. You should check it out, agent18.com

wow nice find! thanks man...loves this case as well. i had 2 and combined the clear top with the black bottom, looked awesome

hmm should i go black or white? that white with grey effect looks sweet

teduardo

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
I was gonna post about agent18's newest SlimShield as well, but dane beat me to it!

I almost pre-ordered one yesterday, but it was gonna cost $22 to ship it to Hawaii. Guess I'll have to wait until that model is available from other retailers. :(

Anyway, it looks great.

black%20back%20only%20front.jpg
20091846972.jpg

tboooe

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 22, 2009
Thanks everyone. I already have the ifrogz luxe. The only thing I dont like about is that it doesnt stay flat. I just ordered the Griffin Reveal today. I will look at the Agent18 case.

Edit: I went ahead I purchased the Agent18 Slimshield in white. i couldnt pass up on the 50% off. Now I have a white and black case. Cool!

imacdane

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
wow nice find! thanks man...loves this case as well. i had 2 and combined the clear top with the black bottom, looked awesome

hmm should i go black or white? that white with grey effect looks sweet

I went with the black, but it was a tough decision. Normally I wouldn't get white, but the grey parts in it made it look pretty cool. I really liked the look of the new slim shield, but I'm going to wait until it comes out and see some reviews. Atleast with the eco slider I know I am getting a good case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.