Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

9512tacoma

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
I read on tvpredictions.com that sling CEO said he would think of an app for his service on the new Apple TV.
Will Apple allow it?

NogbadTheBad

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
United Kingdom
I wonder how much they'll gouge out of the prospective buyers, its bad enough having an iPhone app and an iPad app, bet there won't be a universal app.

spinningblade

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2015
As a cable cord-cutter, my only means of watching TV is Hulu, which is fine. (also have an HD antenna for live events like the Super Bowl)

I don't watch a lot of sports, but love the NBA Playoffs, so in the past, I would purchase the Sling TV service for the month or so of playoffs and airplay the stream to my Apple TV. The process was not fun. Sometimes the audio would stream, but no video. Sometimes just video. Sometimes the app would crash. Weird things happened when there were commercial breaks. Hopefully, a native Apple TV app comes out before the 2016 NBA playoffs so I can avoid all that hassle. (a bonus would be if i could sign up for the service through my Apple TV, just like I do with Hulu)

Or maybe Apple will have their own streaming TV service by then....

Reactions: geekymcfly
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.