Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

K3mp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2008
S.E. Louisiana
Is it possible for a SlingBox to control an ATV? It would be very useful to be able to stream iTunes over the net.

f1

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
Is it possible for a SlingBox to control an ATV? It would be very useful to be able to stream iTunes over the net.

Yes Every slingbox except for the Slingbox Tuner, and the AV one can do that.

Tweeksy

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
Or...

With a PS3 you can do this (to a PSP) without a slingbox. Of course disadvantage is that you don't get your nice large laptop screen!

Why won't Apple just do this straight out of the ATV? how hard could it be to add the SW into the ATV OS?

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
With a PS3 you can do this (to a PSP) without a slingbox. Of course disadvantage is that you don't get your nice large laptop screen!

WTF the OP didn't ask or even mention the PS3 what an irrelevant post.

godslabrat

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Why won't Apple just do this straight out of the ATV? how hard could it be to add the SW into the ATV OS?

I'm not quite sure if this is what you're getting at, but I said a few months back that Location-Free viewing would be a great companion feature for the AppleTV. I'd love to be able to que up my home movie collection from any TV. Sure, it wouldn't be an instant download, but I think it's doable.

Tweeksy

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
WTF the OP didn't ask or even mention the PS3 what an irrelevant post.

Errr sorry maybe I should have explained more! With PS3 you effectively have a the slingbox functionality built into it, so you can stream your movies and music to a remote location (to the PSP) at the moment there isn't a pc or mac client.

You will also be able to stream live and recorded TV to, and schedule programs to record remotely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.