Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ifq10176

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Do you have problem with downloading macOS Catalina too? For me, system update showing 14 hours reamining (8.09GB)... Everything is slow - iTunes, App store and all update downloads... DO you have same problem? (Europe)

AddisonIII

macrumors regular
May 8, 2013
Do you have problem with downloading macOS Catalina too? For me, system update showing 14 hours reamining (8.09GB)... Everything is slow - iTunes, App store and all update downloads... DO you have same problem? (Europe)
After install was complete and letting my iMac settle in, so far Catalina is running fine for me.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
I recently ran into an issue like this involving Apple’s services and any services that use AWS where downloads just crawled. It was on AWS’s end and fixed within several hours.

ifq10176

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I recently ran into an issue like this involving Apple’s services and any services that use AWS where downloads just crawled. It was on AWS’s end and fixed within several hours.

i have this problem 3 days in row... i already download 530MB and still remaining 15 hours... crazy... i start installing catalina probably next week :D

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
i have this problem 3 days in row... i already download 530MB and still remaining 15 hours... crazy... i start installing catalina probably next week :D
I contacted AWS support on Twitter after a couple hours mentioning that there seemed to be issues with their service and didn’t receive a reply, but it still got fixed. You might try that, and be sure to mention your location and any major impacted services (i.e., Apple) so that they know which center(s) to look at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.