Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robx2

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2005
I'm building an educational site that's bringing in a lot of external streaming mp3 sounds. Got them all together, encoded at 128 CBR Stereo. Sound fine when played through Itunes.

Problem is they play at about 80% speed in Flash, even when played locally. I've read the Macromedia Doc that talks about Streaming sounds getting recompressed so I've tried changing publish settings to match 128 CBR and turned off "process stereo to mono". Set quality to Best.

Tried switching it to an event sound and no luck.

Any suggestions? Posted a similar message on kirupa and haven't had any luck.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
no real suggestion here except that I have never had a sound file since up with flash at 100% of what I wanted. I've tried varios pre-loaders & such, internal/external sound files and sound in flash is always a bitch.

robx2

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2005
In case anyone was dying to know... I converted 48K AIFFs (working with video) to mp3 and that was the problem. For Flash, your audio files need to have a sample rate that's a multiple of 11 (11, 22, 44.1) before you convert it down to mp3. Hope it helps somebody.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.