Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanRO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2021
Hello guys,

Ever since I got my 14PM I felt like the proximity sensor takes ages to react, mostly when I finish a call, take the phone of my ear and want to hang up, it just takes forever untill the screen decides to light up.
I encounter this on normal calls, I don’t use other services like Whatsapp for calls enough to tell if there is the issue there as well.
Does anybody also experince this? Also did you find like a fix or something?

Thanks!

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
Hello guys,

Ever since I got my 14PM I felt like the proximity sensor takes ages to react, mostly when I finish a call, take the phone of my ear and want to hang up, it just takes forever untill the screen decides to light up.
I encounter this on normal calls, I don’t use other services like Whatsapp for calls enough to tell if there is the issue there as well.
Does anybody also experince this? Also did you find like a fix or something?

Thanks!
Have had a 14PM for a little while and have not experienced this issue what so ever, but I will keep an eye out for it now.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Any case or screen protector? If so remove before this test. Also ensure updated to iOS 16.4.1.

Make a call, then cover the top 1/3 of the display with your hand. Screen should blank out fairly quickly (almost instantly), and return not quite as quickly but still within 1/2 second or so when the hand is removed.

If it’s not, get it to Apple for evaluation.

Reactions: Carlsberg69

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
On my iPhone 13PM when listening to a WhatsApp voice message I could place my hand over the light sensor and the screen would go off. Doesn’t do that with the iPhone 14 PM. Seems like the iPhone 14PM uses a different type of tech than prior.

Last edited:

DanRO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2021
I do have a screen protector, but nothing fancy, just an usual clear one. Not a deal breaker this issue, but it is quite annoying sometimes, I will test the proximity sensor in other situations and see if it does the same

Yuvix

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2022
India
Similar issue I face where my skin touches the Dynamic Island while on phone call and it vibrates and takes few seconds to turn of the screen or sometimes doesn’t turn-off. Then I have to take it away from my face and then again near my ear to make it work.

Combination of dynamic island and AOD is some menace with the iphone…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.