Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2018
I can’t help but feel iPadOS 13 is slower on my iPad Pro 12.9 1G than iOS 12. Does anyone have the same feeling on their A9/A9X devices?

This iPad is in sort of a peculiar situation in that it has the same 4GB of RAM as the current iPads, but a little less performance than the A10. And since iOS 13 is a feature update (iOS 12 was a performance update), I’m afraid the end of the line might be near for my trusty old iPad...

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I can’t help but feel iPadOS 13 is slower on my iPad Pro 12.9 1G than iOS 12. Does anyone have the same feeling on their A9/A9X devices?

This iPad is in sort of a peculiar situation in that it has the same 4GB of RAM as the current iPads, but a little less performance than the A10. And since iOS 13 is a feature update (iOS 12 was a performance update), I’m afraid the end of the line might be near for my trusty old iPad...

I haven't noticed that on my 12.9 First Generation. I have Developer Beta 2 on it and have loved the responsiveness. I feel like it gave my iPad new life and has made me resist more to updating to the latest iPad Pro.

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
I haven't noticed that on my 12.9 First Generation. I have Developer Beta 2 on it and have loved the responsiveness. I feel like it gave my iPad new life and has made me resist more to updating to the latest iPad Pro.
Hmm, might have to try it. I backed up on itunes, how hard is it to roll back? After all these years I’ve never restored from backup.

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Hmm, might have to try it. I backed up on itunes, how hard is it to roll back? After all these years I’ve never restored from backup.

I believe to roll back you need to do a restore on it. Not planning to roll back. For what I use my iPad Pro, running the beta shouldn't be a problem. Nothing on here that is easily restored

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
I don’t know if it’s laggy but it seems to work for me ... Notes is much improved with pencil menu. More icons on home screen! Memoji not nearly as good as Memoji Me app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.