Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

egon_eidos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2016
aaa5395a-0b9c-457c-9b6d-667eea4a45c6.jpg
Got my RMBP 13" from last September. Last 2 weeks got small blinks like small snow spots on entire display, especially when you got application window backgrounded by dark. And one flickering when it's booting.
I Already bring it to Apple Authorized service in Jakarta and they did the format SSD and reinstall the OS. Yet after one day in my hands, those small snow spots appears again. But if i made a screencapture, the result PNG is not showing those small snow spots either when it share the display to second monitor by VGA adapter.
Some say this is not really a GPU problems and must be Display problems or even software problems (bugs)

Additional info, after i got my RMBP from the service i just installed all iWorks and U-torrent (downloader).
Besides those Hardware (GPU/Display) problem - my early assume diagnose could be also come from VGA, Paragon as the SSD reader or eventhough the U-torrent Downloader ... do they ?

As i read from other thread, there is also flickering display case caused by JD Downloader (Java bugs)..
Now ny RMPB is on their hands in Authorized Apple service for twice in weeks

Anyone has the similar experience ?

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
i would reformat and install again, with nothing on the computer. then observe. if you see it, then it's a hardware issue.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
View attachment 638056 Got my RMBP 13" from last September. Last 2 weeks got small blinks like small snow spots on entire display, especially when you got application window backgrounded by dark. And one flickering when it's booting.
I Already bring it to Apple Authorized service in Jakarta and they did the format SSD and reinstall the OS. Yet after one day in my hands, those small snow spots appears again. But if i made a screencapture, the result PNG is not showing those small snow spots either when it share the display to second monitor by VGA adapter.
Some say this is not really a GPU problems and must be Display problems or even software problems (bugs)

Additional info, after i got my RMBP from the service i just installed all iWorks and U-torrent (downloader).
Besides those Hardware (GPU/Display) problem - my early assume diagnose could be also come from VGA, Paragon as the SSD reader or eventhough the U-torrent Downloader ... do they ?

As i read from other thread, there is also flickering display case caused by JD Downloader (Java bugs)..
Now ny RMPB is on their hands in Authorized Apple service for twice in weeks

Anyone has the similar experience ?
Seems like a display problem could be the cable.

egon_eidos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2016
i would reformat and install again, with nothing on the computer. then observe. if you see it, then it's a hardware issue.
I have the curiousity too.. i'll pick my RMBP after they reformat and reinstall the OS and WILL NOT try to install the U torrent downloader.. perhaps this action will answer before i jump to the conclusion of the hardware issue..

Brandon0448

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
Doubt it is a software issues. Sounds like you have a faulty screen or screen connection. Your rMBP is still under warranty so bring it in and see what they say. I'm sure they will take care of it unless there are obvious signs of physical misuse that might have caused the damage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.