Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2020
hello everyone, while I was cleaning my newly purchased iphone I noticed that there is a little hair with the help of the flash, what should I do ... I should send it under warranty or keep it as it is ... honestly it does not bother me so much also because without a right light is not even noticeable.

(sorry for english... google translate)
3293BDC1-017A-4BBD-96D7-A1D94103400B.jpeg

Guity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2020
Personally I’d return or warranty.
I would also change it but it may take months to give it back to me as I bought it from a retailer and therefore he would have to send it to apple support and also count the delays related to the coronavirus ..

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Just keep in mind that you may end up with a more noticeable issue after a repair or exchange. My 12 Pro has a very tiny piece of dust under the front camera lens, but it’s only visible under very bright light. Everything else is great with my phone. I decided not to risk finding another issue with a replacement/repair. If you look closely enough, you can find small defects on every mass produced product - even watches that cost thousands of dollars.

Reactions: Fred Zed

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
This camera lens for what it is, so can i check specifically when i make photo
You can try and take several dozen photos and see if you can see anything in the images. I would try both dark and bright images. In all honesty though I don't believe it will affect your photography.

rosamelisa

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2021
hello everyone, while I was cleaning my newly purchased iphone I noticed that there is a little hair, with the help of the flash, what should I do ... I should send it under warranty or keep it as it is ... honestly it does not bother me so much also because without a right light is not even noticeable.

(sorry for english... google translate) View attachment 1703421
Have you tried sending it to the service?

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
If you have it repaired, they’ll have to open the phone up and expose it to more dust and such. I don’t think I’d risk that, though I completely understand not being wild about having something behind the glass. I have a very small piece of dust under the front glass where the true depth camera is. I can only see it I’m very bright outdoor light.

Six0Four

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2020
I've seen so many iphones with specs of dust under the camera glass that it's now the first thing i look for. Used to be a lot worse. Hope you got it repaired because even if you can't see it in an image now who says it won't move and mess with your image a year out.

yamborghini

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2020
I know this is an old thread but..
My iPhone 11 has this exact ”hair” or dust fibre on the edge.
It doesn’t affect my pictures at all.
I was curious, did you end up keeping it?

ladyMccormick

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2022
hello everyone, while I was cleaning my newly purchased iphone I noticed that there is a little hair with the help of the flash, what should I do ... I should send it under warranty or keep it as it is ... honestly it does not bother me so much also because without a right light is not even noticeable.

(sorry for english... google translate) View attachment 1703421

i am having the same problem. Can anyone help? :( :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.