Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TBoneMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2017
CA
Hello I just purchased an iPhone SE 3 and I really love it especially the size.

I was wondering if anyone thinks if apple will ever release another mini and/or small phone?

I notice right now there’s only the regular iphone which is medium-large, there’s the iphone pro and the pro max which are medium-large and large, respectively.

I hear that there might be an iPhone SE 4 releasing in 2024- that has a 6.1 inch screen which again is medium-large.

None of those are comfortable in pockets. I know because I’ve owned the iPhone 11. The iPhone X was pretty good I think it’s the limit of what size I would like but I much prefer the smaller phone.

I never got a mini iphone because I couldn’t afford it at the time so I regret that I wasn’t able to buy one of those.

Hopefully Apple considers smaller phones again but it seems like there’s just larger and larger ones and it’s not comfortable at all to use. It’s like I have to use my other hand but it’s not a tablet. I have an ipad already my phone doesn’t need to be this large?

Nic727

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
I hope so.

I have an iPhone 8, but I’m ready to change if they release a new mini with USB-C, Touch ID under screen or on side button and no more than 2 cameras.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The iPhone 12/13 mini didn't sell in sufficient numbers. The iPhone 14 Plus outsold the mini models. Apple would need a really good reason to bring back a poor performer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.