Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kalafut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
pocatello
so i turn on my computer, everything loads just dandy, i open ichat, then i open safari, ok, then i click on a bookmark (usually myspace) and then safari just decides to quit, then an error message comes up, then i send the info to apple, hoping they will fix it later, and then i reopen safari. that problem usually only happens once, but sometimes it happens 2 or 3 times in one night. any suggestions of what i can do??

thnx :)

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Check for updates.
And Reset it.
________
vapor genie

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    51 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Kalafut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
pocatello
Try removing a folder from your library called SafariPlus.

It is located in home-->Library-->InputManagers-->SafariPlus

if you upgraded Safari, you need to upgrade this file also.

--Mac Lover

the folder "Inputmanagers" and "Safariplus" do not exist on my computer, i can't delete what isn't there i suppose. ill try updating then i will report back.

TravisReynolds

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
Seattle
you could just be trying to do to many tasks at once, i know those files do not eat up ram, but I sometimes get the same problem and it's usually when I got a lot of apps open

Kalafut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
pocatello
you could just be trying to do to many tasks at once, i know those files do not eat up ram, but I sometimes get the same problem and it's usually when I got a lot of apps open

as i first stated, i was running iChat, safari, and Finder (obviously).
not known to be RAM whores.

but i updated and everything seems to be working great. thanks everyone.

LightDemon69

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Levan, Utah
This happens to me with Safari in Panther as well. I could just be clicking any link, whether it is a bookmark or just a link in a page and it quits. I love Safari, I hate Firefox on OS X, it is a major resource hog, and Camino just really doesn't strike my fancy. However, since it is Safari on Panther, there are no new updates for me, so I can't use that to fix my problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.