Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahostmadsen

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
My Smart Keyboard folio for iPad Pro does not always connect, after using i. Sometimes I have to wriggle it around or take off and put on again. I tried to clean the contacts, thinking they might have become corroded. But it did not help. Any suggestions?

Carlos Rodriguez

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2020
Having the same issue with my iPad Pro 10.5 Smart Keyboard.

No matter what I do, it doesn’t connect to the iPad.

ahostmadsen

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
I'm in touch with Apple Support about the problem. What is not clear to me is if it's covered by my AppleCare+. They recently added keyboard support, but my keyboard was bought in 2018. But they cannot give my an answer without knowing the serial number, was is unreadable: small, faded by use.

I had the same issue with the smart keyboard for my previous 10.5 smart keyboard. They replaces it once, but the new one eventually developed the problem again. It seems the smart connector is not very reliable.

ahostmadsen

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Well, it's not covered by AppleCare+. It will cost $149 for "repair" (replacement)+shipping. But a new keyboard is $199. Anyone has any idea for self-repair?

I ordered a magic keyboard to try out. If I like that, it will replace the SKF. My cost will only be $149!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.